Our Progress Report - EFT in Practice 2015 #1

Our 1st visit to Rumah Dharma Homestay went quite well. Everything was in its order and we got along very nicely. Mr. Medi and his staffs were so friendly. They guided us so much about what-to-do and what-not-to-do in that homestay. The owners even gave some useful tips and technique about how to communicate with foreigners. He suggested some interesting topics and also the boundaries, the limitation of the conversation like private life, religion, etc. The key is, to act and behave nicely. He also added that manner was so important, that we have to respect the norms, the customs in place wherever we stay, without losing our own identity.
The day before our 1st visit to RD, I did a kind of simple research. Mostly based on the links from Mrs. Lilia (this already posted in the group, don't forget to check it, guys). It later turned out that this simple act was really useful. I got brief introduction, history and also the surroundings of the homestay. It gave me some level of basic knowledge and made me easier to communicate with Mr. Medi and mas Rio, our very helpful guide. The owner, who often reffered and called with "Juragan" or "Bos e" had lot of talents. He liked football, music and even playing XBOX! It was kinda surprising to know that. I hope I can see his performance in music later on.

Mas Rio, who was also our senior in campus, was very cooperate. He helped my groups (group 3) and our partner (group 8), a lot. He shared his knowledge and also techniques about how to handle multiple foreigners from various background. The brief explanation about tourism activity and must-visit-places around Borobudur were well presented. I promised myself to learn more about it.

Beside that, we also made acquintance with Mas Gendhes (is it correct?) the cook, Mas Tofa, the assistant, and so on. All of them were kind and nice.

And here is the main part. We directly practiced our not-so-well speaking ability with native speaker on that very same day! Isn't that cool? Three of us, Ardan, Bintang and I decided to stay there, while the others went home (don't worry, they will also get their turn on Tuesday & Wednesday).

Miss Imogen Keay finally came to RD at 4 pm. And it was worth waiting, trust me, because she was friendly and charming. Bintang even adored her so much :D.

The solitaire traveller was so adventurous. She went to Borobudur by bus, from Semarang. All alone just by herself. Thumbs up for her spirit and courage. She had visited Bali, Bondowoso -kawah ijen-, lot of places and planned to visit Jakarta. When she asked our recommendation in there, Ardan and I don't have any idea.

What place in Jakarta where foreigners can enjoy their time there? As far as I know, the city was already crowded with modern buildings but at the same time has multiple slum areas everywhere. Also, this city are very identic with horrible traffic jam. So, what do you think guys? Which tourism objects - interesting places can I recommend to Imogine? Because I really don't know. :v

The interesting chat had to ended at 7 pm. @_@ Actually I wanted to stay there longer but all of us had to return home. After saying goodbye to Miss Imogine Keay, Mr. Medi and staffs, we went back to Magelang. My brother finally picked me up while the boys backed up the documentation for that day. I felt tired but also very excited. Can't wait for another chit-chat with foreigners. See you next time. ^_^

Sijam. 22nd of March, 2015

Komentar